These 5 health risks can be caused by drinking less water, know how much water you should drink in a day
It is very important to maintain the balance of water in the body to stay healthy. Actually, when you drink less water, our body automatically signals that you are drinking less water. When our body lacks water, we feel thirsty. Lack of water can cause you to suffer from dehydration. It can also cause you problems like headache and fatigue. It can happen at any age. Apart from this, the color of our urine also turns yellow due to drinking less water and due to excessive sweating or exercise, your body may also be deficient in water. So you should drink enough water throughout the day. Dehydration can also lead to diseases like obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart disease. However, it is not necessary that you drink only plain water throughout the day. You can also consume juice, smoothies or other liquids instead. This also helps in maintaining the fluid level in the body. Let’s know in detail how drinking less water can harm your body and how much water you should drink in a day. We discussed this in detail with dietician Archana Batra of Diet Clinic and Doctor Hub Clinic.
Side Effects of Drinking Less Water)
1. Problem of constipation
If you take less amount of water throughout the day, then it can cause you constipation problem. In fact, taking less amount of water makes the body less able to digest food and has trouble passing stool, so you can drink water half an hour before eating and half an hour after eating. It can cure all your digestive problems.
2. UTI related problems
Lack of water in the body can lead to urinary tract infection. Actually, water helps to clean our body from inside and with the help of urine, the body dirt gets out in the form of urea, but if you do not consume proper amount of water, then there is a risk of infection. .
3. Increase in kidney problems
Kidney works to remove impurities from our body but kidney function can also be affected due to lack of water. Also, the risk of kidney stones in the body also increases, so you need to drink more water.
4. Skin dehydration
Many people work very hard to get glowing and beautiful skin but they don’t pay attention to one of the most important thing that they should drink water throughout the day. Lack of water makes the skin dry and lifeless. If you want to keep your skin hydrated and glowing, you should drink enough water.
5. Energy level and brain function affected
Not drinking enough water throughout the day can lower your energy levels and affect your brain’s ability to function. This can cause your mood to deteriorate, lack of concentration and headache. This affects your work throughout the day
So you need to drink plenty of water.
How much water should be drunk?
Everyone needs to drink 2-3 liters of water in a day. If you do not know the quantity of water in liters, then you can drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day. Even this does not cause lack of water in your body. Apart from this you can also consume juices, smoothies, soups and other liquids, but this does not mean that you can also consume tea or coffee as a liquid because the caffeine in the body is absorbed by the consumption of tea or coffee. can increase and cause dehydration. Drinking more water helps in burning calories and helps in losing weight faster.
Keep these things in mind
1. The amount of water also depends on where you live. Actually if you live in hot, humid or dry areas, you need to drink more water to keep the body hydrated.
2. You may also need to drink more water due to diet. Many people are in the habit of drinking coffee or tea several times a day but as we have already mentioned this can increase the amount of caffeine in your body. This can increase the risk of dehydration. Also if you eat more oily or spicy food, you need to drink more water.
3. Sometimes the amount of water depends on the weather and temperature because more sweat is released due to higher temperature or exercise, which can lead to dehydration in the body.
4. If you are more active throughout the day, you need to consume more water. However, for this you do not need to fix any quantity but just need to drink plenty of water when you feel thirsty.
5. Even during pregnancy or breastfeeding you need to drink more water to keep yourself hydrated.